Thursday, June 23, 2011

Manila Day and Classes suspended due to Bagyong Falcon

According to Pagasa:

"At 4:00 pm today, Tropical Storm FALCON was estimated based on satellite and surface data at 420 km East of Casiguran, Aurora (16.4°N, 126.5°E) with maximum sustained winds of 75 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 90 kph. It is forecast to move Northwest at 15 kph. "

Metro Manila




Rains / Monsoon rains
24°C to 27°C
Moderate to Strong
Southwest

Manila Bay:
Moderate to Rough


      Although the rain fall is only moderate to strong, all the streets are already flooded.  I sense this would happen so I didn't attend my 6 p.m. class last night.  Later on, I received a text message that the class has been cancelled.  But all those who went to their office and attended class earlier were not as fortunate.  My sister was soaking wet when she came home from her school at Ortigas.  My mom got stranded at Vito Cruz Taft for 4 hours trying to fetch my sister.  Most of my friends and relatives are stranded either in the office, school or along the road.  Facebook and Twitter are flooded with many stranded status.  Don't you wish school suspensions are based on flooded areas rather than storm signals?  

      Classes are suspended from Kinder to High School.  Dep Ed asks the public to refer to the suspension guidelines. (Read More)  As for employees and college students in Manila, they are luck because it is Manila Day, a special non-working holiday.  While the rest who got stranded, I sincerely hope you get enough sleep.  It's been a long and tiring day for everyone.  Let us pray that no one got hurt.  

UPDATE: all classess until profession are suspended
       

No comments:

Post a Comment