Friday, June 10, 2011

Vjander Pastel (buns with filling) from Camiguin




       My mom just bought this pastel.  I was expecting the different type of pastel.   The pastel I knew was a  deep fried Brazilian snack which was made of a thin dough envelope and has some fillings inside.  

Although the box states that they offer a variety of other flavors (Ube, Mango, Macapuno, Cheese, Langka, Pineapple, Durian, Guava, Strawberry,Chocolate) , this one had Original Yema Fillings.   I could understand why according to the box, they had received numerous awards.  It was delicious.  The buns where soft and tasty.  The yema filling was not the hard yema, but a soft and wet yema.  It reminded me of buns with condense milk except that this was a bit chunky.  It was great.  Kurt found it too sweet for his taste though.  But for me it was just right.   How about you do you think it's too sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment